- Who We Are
- Our Work
- Education: Children and Youth
- Income: Families
- Health: Older Adults
- Smart Beginnings
- Age Wave Planning
- Our Partners
- Get Involved
- Log In
Civic Engagement 101
What is Civic Engagement?
When a person or group comes together to address a public concern or an unmet human, educational, health care, environmental, or public safety need.
How do I become Engaged?
- Discuss community concerns with neighbors and friends.
- Write your elected officials.
- Write a Letter to the Editor.
- Post on Facebook or Twitter about an issue
- Follow United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg on Facebook and Twitter