- Who We Are
- Our Work
- Education: Children and Youth
- Income: Families
- Health: Older Adults
- Smart Beginnings
- Age Wave Planning
- Our Partners
- Get Involved
- Log In
Historic Milestone Reached in Age Wave Planning
Today, the Richmond region's first and only comprehensive, community-wide plan to address the needs of the growing aging population was released to the public by the Greater Richmond Age Wave Planning effort, a partnership led by Senior Connections, The Capital Area Agency on Aging, and United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg.
Hundreds of community volunteers helped to create the plan over the last three years. Now, those volunteers and organizations across the region can use the plan to guide their work to keep the community vibrant, safe and prosperous for people of all ages and abilities.
Integrated planning is critical to ensure that the greater Richmond and Petersburg region is ready for the challenges and opportunities presented by the Age Wave. The day is approaching when, for the first time in the history of the region, adults ages 60 and older will outnumber school-age children. This demographic shift known as the Age Wave is changing the region's needs.
United Way urges you to get involved in preparing for the Age Wave:
- Download the plan and share it with friends, family and community groups.
- Submit your thoughts and ideas to the Age Wave Coalition online.
- Sign up for the Age Wave Listserv and receive news about events, webinars and research.
- Read more about today's historic event.
- Visit our Facebook page to see photos from the event.