THRIVE Financial Stability Fund
The second goal of THRIVE is to generate more resources and support (financial, volunteer and otherwise) for local initiatives that work to increase access to the key building blocks of financial opportunity for lower-income residents.
The THRIVE Financial Stability Fund at United Way serves as a vehicle for drawing and leveraging donor investment in the local financial stability arena.
Thanks to contributions from United Way and local corporate, philanthropic and individual donors, the THRIVE Financial Stability Fund is able to support programs and organizations that are working to expand the quantity and quality of financial stability services for area residents.
On December 3, 2015, United Way CEO James Taylor was joined by Richmond Mayor Dwight Jones, Capital One Senior Vice President Judy Pahren and other local dignitaries in announcing the first $160,000+ in grant awards from the THRIVE Financial Stability Fund.
The grant recipients included:
- Virginia LISC – Fulton THRIVEs Demonstration Project ($75,000)
- Better Housing Coalition – SaveOn! Program ($25,000)
- CARITAS – CARITAS Works Job Readiness Program ($25,000)
- Southside Community Development and Housing Corporation – Virginia Individual Development Account Matched Savings Program ($25,000)
In addition, Capital One sponsored capacity-building grants of $1,500 each for the following organizations:
- Area Congregations Together in Service (ACTS)
- Capital Area Partnership Uplifting People (CAPUP)
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- OAR of Richmond
- Quin Rivers Agency for Community Action
- RVA Works
- Salvation Army Central Virginia Area Command