Find Help Now
What is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 Virginia is a 24/7 information and referral service, that is free and confidential, and available in over 140 languages.
When you dial 2-1-1, you will be connected to a trained professional who can provide referrals to health and human services including:
- Basic human needs: Food banks, shelters, rent or utility assistance
- Physical and mental health resources: Medicaid, Medicare, pre-natal care, children’s health insurance programs, crisis intervention, support groups, counseling, alcohol and drug rehabilitation
- Work initiatives: Educational and vocational training programs, English as a second language classes, job training, GED preparation, financial and transportation assistance
- Support for seniors and those with disabilities: Area Agencies on Aging, independent living centers, adult day care, meals at home, respite care, home health care, transportation and recreation
- Support for children, youth and families: After-school programs, tutoring, mentorship programs, family resource centers, protective services, counseling, child care centers, and recreation
- Volunteering in your community: Volunteer centers, mentorship opportunities, locations to donate food, clothing, furniture, computers or other items
During times of disaster, 2-1-1 VIRGINIA will work with local and state emergency management and disaster response officials to provide:
- Accurate and up-to-date information for citizens of the Commonwealth
- Volunteer and donation coordination
- Crisis intervention and human services coordination
- Access to disaster support services during the entire recovery process
How do I access 2-1-1?
- Dial the number “2-1-1”
- Telecommunication Device for the Deaf dial “7-1-1” and ask for 2-1-1
- Search the 2-1-1 database
- Click here for phone numbers for services in:
- City of Richmond, Counties of Charles City (CC), Chesterfield (C), Goochland (G), Hanover (HA), Henrico (HE), New Kent (NK), Powhatan (P)
- Counties of Brunswick (B), Halifax (H) and Mecklenburg (M)
- Counties of Amelia (A), Buckingham (B), Charlotte (CH), Cumberland (C), Lunenburg (L), Nottoway (N), and Prince Edward (PE)
- Cities of Colonial Heights (CH), Hopewell (H), and Petersburg (P) Counties of Dinwiddie (D), Emporia (E), Greensville (G), Prince George (PG), Surry (SU), Sussex (S)
Spread the Word
Help us spread the word about 2-1-1 VIRGINIA. If your agency or community is having a health or community fair, contact us so we can present the services we offer. Email Richmond/Southside Regional Outreach Manager, Altise Street, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know of agencies in the community that should be listed in our database? We are happy to contact them and discuss criteria for inclusion. Email Richmond/Southside Regional Outreach Manager, Altise Street, at email@example.com. Other contact information includes: firstname.lastname@example.org and 1-800-230-6977.