We can help connect the dots between your company and your community. Sponsorship and volunteering are two great ways to engage with your local United Way, in addition to running a workplace campaign.
Raise awareness of your brand while supporting your community. We have a variety of sponsorship opportunities year-round to help keep your business top-of-mind for many in our region.
- United Way Literacy Kits | $300+ Investment
- Throughout the year, we collect and assemble more than 1,000 United Way Literacy Kits that are distributed to young learners in our region. Each kit includes school supplies, an age-appropriate book, information for parents and supplies for children.
- Steps to Success Awards | $1,000-4,000 Investment
- This event recognizes outstanding individuals and corporate partners who have gone above and beyond to improve our region by supporting our work in the community. In its inaugural year the event brought together 300+ guests at the historic Jefferson Hotel.
- Kindergarten Countdown Camp | $1,000-20,000 Investment
- Kindergarten Countdown Camp is a free summer learning program for rising kindergarten students with little to no preschool experience. Taught by licensed teachers, this program prepares students and their parents for a successful start to kindergarten.
- Early Learning Trails | $4,000-5,000 Investment
- United Way builds and installs educational trails in local parks and other community spaces. These trails help parents, caregivers and communities use everyday moments outdoors to boost school readiness of children in their preschool years. These interactive trails contain 10 signs with expert-approved learning games, each with fun and easy activities for children and adults to do together.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance | $10,000-12,000 Investment
- United Way’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation services for families and individuals with income of $56,000 or less. Companies can sponsor a VITA site throughout Greater Richmond and Petersburg.
There are a million ways to be hands-on when it comes to helping your community. We will work with you to coordinate volunteer opportunities in areas that matter most to your employees.
- Reading for Resilience
- Volunteers read books to elementary school students and guide them through crafts and activities that reinforce lessons learned in the stories.
- United Way Murals & Beautification Projects
- United Way will work with your company to identify hands-on projects that will help spruce up places in our community like schools, parks and more.
- Little Free Libraries
- Volunteers can assist in re-stocking stands with free books that are placed throughout Greater Richmond and Petersburg.
- Building Connections for Better Health
- Older adults in our community will work with United Way volunteers to complete a community service project that helps them stay socially connected.
For upcoming volunteer opportunities for individuals, please visit our volunteer page.
Interested in getting involved in one of these initiatives? We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the contact form below and a United Way representative will be in touch.