Getting Started on Your Workplace Campaign
Whether you’re at a small business, a major corporation or even a nonprofit organization, you can join the hundreds of local businesses and organizations that support United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg through workplace fundraising campaigns each year. And, you’re not in this alone. We pair every company with a United Way Campaign Manager who will help you with the planning and execution of your workplace campaign to make it fun, engaging and memorable for your colleagues.
Plan Your United Way Campaign in Three Easy Steps!
A Blacksburg native, James has been working for local United Way offices for more than 25 years, and he has been President & CEO of United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg since 2015.
James Taylor, President & CEO
email@example.com | (804) 771-5828
Use these tips for choosing your campaign dates:
- Avoid common vacation times.
- Consider the best time of year for philanthropy within your organization.
- Choose a time when top leadership is available.
- Avoid major deadlines or busy periods within your organization.
- Consider the size of your company when determining campaign length. 1-2 weeks is recommended for companies with up to 250 employees, while larger companies may need more time.
Connect with your United Way Campaign Manager!
United Way Campaign Managers will be paired with your Employee Campaign Manager to ensure that the campaign process is smooth, stress-free and fun! United Way Campaign Managers can help in a variety of ways, including:
- Making a presentation to share with your employees about United Way’s work in the community.
- Talking through our resources that will guide you through the planning process.
- Providing you with materials like videos, infographics and print materials to promote your campaign and raise awareness about United Way’s local work.
- Coordinating volunteer opportunities to engage your colleagues in service projects.
- Inviting you to trainings where you’ll have an opportunity to connect with and learn from other companies that run United Way campaigns.
- And much more!