United Way Announces the THRIVE Financial Stability Collaborative Grant Competition
August 2018 – United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg understands a key step on the journey to success for individuals and families is achieving financial well-being. Financially stable families lead healthier lives, succeed in school and build stronger communities.
THRIVE, the regional financial stability collaborative led by United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg, was created to enhance collaboration, information-sharing and capacity building among local programs and organizations that assist low- to moderate-income residents achieve financial stability and create wealth equity in our community.
Outlined in our Financial Well-being Continuum are key elements of programming we believe supports individuals and their families on their journey to financial well-being.
- Financial Crisis. We help households address immediate needs in times of crisis by providing short term assistance on essential items like food, rent, utilities and prescriptions.
- Financial Capability. We provide education that enables individuals and families to make informed financial choices and manage their money and credit wisely.
- Financial Resilience. We ensure households are knowledgeable and equipped to handle life transitions and financial stress by building savings, managing credit responsibly and developing healthy relationships with financial institutions.
Under the leadership of United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg, THRIVE is making $80,000 available in grants to expand the capacity of local financial stability service providers to assist individuals and families reduce or eliminate barriers to achieving financial well-being.
- Two one-time THIRVE Impact Grants will be awarded in the amount of $30,000 each to help new programs or the expansion of existing programs assist residents in achieving financial stability. Open to non-profit organizations in United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg’s coverage area. Sponsored by United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg.
- In addition, $20,000 will be award in the form of THRIVE Mini-Grants of not more than $5,000 for small capacity-building improvements. Open to non-profit, public sector, education and other organizations in United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg’s coverage area. Sponsored by Capital One.
Deadline for applying for both competitions is Friday, September 28, 2018. United Way expects to announce the grant awards by December 1, 2018. The funding period will be from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
To apply, please click here and follow the sign-in instructions.
To join the THRIVE Service Provider Network and receive information about other financial stability news and resources, please contact:
THRIVE Collaborative Manager
If you have questions about the eCImpact online grant application process, please contact:
About United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg
United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg empowers individuals and addresses systemic problems to provide everyone with a clear path to success. We do this by conducting research, funding programs and organizations, driving systems-level change and engaging with individuals in 11 localities across the region. Learn more at YourUnitedWay.org.