United Way’s MyFreeTaxes Program
File your taxes online and for free.
More than 138,000 friends and neighbors in our region live below the poverty line and more than one in four residents struggle to make ends meet. We work to empower families and individuals and promote financial well-being across the region and build the capacity of organizations to achieve wealth equity in our community.
What you need to know about United Way’s MyFreeTaxes
Do I qualify?
If your household income was $66,000 or less in 2017 you qualify
What do I need?
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member and working adult
- W-2s, 1099s, 1098s and other income forms
- 1095-A if you received a tax credit from the HealthCare.gov (Obamacare)
- Bank routing and account numbers for checking or savings account
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID, is applicable
- Last year’s tax return, if you have it
- A valid email address
How it works:
- Gather all forms
- Head to MyFreeTaxes.com, powered by H&R Block
- File your taxes on your own time. 80% of MyFreeTaxes users file taxes in under an hour, meaning your time won’t be wasted
If you have questions while using MyFreeTaxes please call 1-855-698-9435 to speak to an IRS-certified tax preparer.