Virtual VITA: Online Tax Filing Assistance
We are partnering with Code for America to bring GetYourRefund to our region. This is a way for United Way’s IRS-certified volunteers to help you from the security and safety of your home. Our team of trained volunteers will prepare your return while communicating with you throughout the entire process.
Here is How it Works
- Go to GetYourRefund to opt in to the service.
- Answer questions. We’ll ask you to verify your identity as well as a series of questions about your finances.
- Submit documents. Share all necessary documents (ID, W-2’s, 1099, 1095-A,B,C).
- Phone review. We will review everything with you over the phone.
- Get your refund. If you choose to file your taxes, our tax volunteers will help you e-file.
Am I Eligible?
This program is available to any taxpayer:
- With an income below $66,000.
- With a current SSN or ITIN.
Questions or Problems?
These are unprecedented times we are in and this is a new program not only for you, but for us too. We appreciate your patience while we begin this virtual assistance process. Learning about any problems that pop up will help us better serve individuals who come after you. We welcome any questions you may have. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
GetYourRefund is a non-profit service built by Code for America in partnership with IRS-certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites nationally. Code for America is a non-profit technology organization dedicated to making government work for the people that need it most. This portal meets all IRS security standards and your information will be as secure as if you were visiting one of our in-person tax sites.