What We Do
United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg empowers individuals and addresses systemic problems to provide everyone with a clear path to success.
- Providing basic needs: food, safety and housing.
- Ensuring babies are born healthy.
- Preparing children to succeed in kindergarten.
- Helping students learn to read at grade level by third grade.
- Keeping kids engaged through middle school.
- Increasing on-time high school graduations.
- Preparing graduates to enter the workforce or pursue a degree or credential.
- Helping families and individuals work toward financial well-being.
- Providing support and care for older adults.
Our Service Area
As a major regional funding organization, United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg is a leader in providing critical information to community leaders and organizations. We have a dedicated research team that studies local data to identify problems in our communities, researches solutions and works with partner organizations to develop solutions that actually move the needle. Review our reports.