Host a Literacy Kit Drive
Help students reach these important Steps to Success by hosting a literacy kit drive of your own. Use the steps and materials below to get your drive up and running.
Steps to host your own drive:
- Set a goal and make a plan. You set your own drop-off details and deadlines. You could focus on collecting books, school supplies or completed kits – it’s up to you!
- Talk to us. Let us know about your drive by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us make sure we reach our targeted number of kits and we can drop off United Way collection boxes for you.
- Promote your drive. Promote your drive using United Way’s sample email, customizable flyer and sample social media posts. Customize to your audiences and be specific about why you are collecting these materials and how people can help.
- Stay organized. Use online tools like Amazon Wishlist or SignUp Genius to keep your drive organized.
- Find a partner. Consider partnering with Barnes and Noble through a book fair. It’s an easy way to direct your supporters to preferred books.
- Spread the word. Start with your own professional or personal networks. Empower other advocates to help spread the word.
- Deliver supplies. After you have finished your drive, bring everything to United Way’s office in Richmond. Contact email@example.com for the best time to drop everything off.
- Literacy Kit Drive Overview
- Host a Literacy Kit Drive
- Host a Literacy Kit Assembly Project
- Suggested Book List
Want to do more? Learn about how you can be a Literacy Kit Leader!