WomenRise: Application Information
Thank you for your interest in our WomenRise program. This page includes the latest information on the application process.
How to Apply
Applications are open! Create an account on our online portal to access the application.
WomenRise is a scholarship program that provides financial assistance to help single moms cover the cost of child care while they work toward a college degree or credential. We are now accepting applications for our second year of WomenRise! Applications will remain open from May 1 through May 31, and scholarship recipients will be announced this summer. If selected, WomenRise can cover the cost of child care from August 2022 to July 2023. Scholarships are paid directly to the childcare provider.
All applicants must:
- Be a single female head of household with custody of at least one child
- Be enrolled or have plans to enroll in an education or career training program that is at least 40 hours and that results in a degree or credential
- Have an annual income of $60,000 or less
- Reside in the United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg region (Charles City, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent, Petersburg, Powhatan, Richmond)
- Use a licensed or voluntary registered child care provider
Click here to read our WomenRise application FAQs.
Want to share information about WomenRise with your network? Click here to download our PDF with application information.
If you have questions about the WomenRise application process, contact Heather Farber at firstname.lastname@example.org.