The Coordinated, Comprehensive Plan to End Youth Housing Instability
The Youth Housing Stability Coalition launched in 2017 with the goal of reducing homelessness and housing instability among youth ages 14-24 in the region.
United Way manages this program together with the Advocates for Richmond Youth (ARY) and Dr. Alex Wagaman, an assistant professor in the VCU School of Social Work. The program is supported by the Richmond Memorial Health Foundation and the Bob and Anna Lou Schaberg Fund.
- Youth Centered & Affirming
- Trauma Informed Practices & Systems
- Policy & Advocacy Integration
- LGBTQ+ Affirming
- Data Informed
- Immigrant & Refugee Inclusive
- Sensitive to Risks for Violence & Exploitation
- Honoring Harm Reduction