At United Way, we strive to maintain the highest level of accountability and transparency. You can invest in your United Way knowing:
- To ensure consistency and transparency, we follow the comprehensive requirements developed by the United Way system for completion of audited financial statements. These requirements are based on current best practices in our industry as well as generally accepted accounting principles and requirements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board. United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg has met the rigorous standards for membership in the United Way Worldwide network.
- United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg is in compliance with the spirit and intent of the U.S. Patriot Act and other counter terrorism laws. Affirmative action is taken to prevent financial, technical, in-kind or other resources from inadvertently being used for illegal acts and terrorist activities. View our Audited Financials 2016-17 or obtain a copy by calling our Finance Department at 804.771.5867.
- United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg is exempt from Federal income tax, and is currently exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Our determination letter can be found here.
- United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg is currently exempt from Virginia retail sales. Our Retail Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption can be found here.
- View our GuideStar profile.
- View our GiveRichmond profile.
United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg is an Accredited Charity with Better Business Bureau serving Central Virginia. United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg meets all 20 BBB Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability. Go to their website at richmond.bbb.org to view our report.