Everyone deserves a safe home
with enough food to eat.
Families and individuals must have a safe home with healthy food for everyone who lives there in order to work toward a higher degree of prosperity.
Food on the table. A safe and secure place to call “home.” These are basic needs for everyone in the Richmond and Petersburg region. Unfortunately, many of our friends and neighbors are unable to provide these essentials for themselves or their families. Many more residents live at risk, living month to month in situations where a sudden job loss or health crisis could be devastating.
Covering these basic needs is the first step on the path to success. We are committed to helping everyone get there.
United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg partners with SingleCare and InSourceRx to offer free prescription assistance discount cards to help everyone in our community.
United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg formed the Southside Trauma-Informed Community Network (Southside TICN) in August 2016, after numerous community leaders and organizations expressed interest in coming together to better understand trauma-informed care and incorporate its best practices into their work.Learn More
2023 Funded Partners
- Access Now Specialty medical care for the uninsured
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond Thriving Families: BGCMR Family Stability Program
- CARITAS Emergency Shelter and Case Management
- Chesterfield Colonial Heights Alliance for Social Ministry – CCHASM Emergency food assistance for families and individuals in crisis
- Children’s Home Society of Virginia Partnership for Adoptions
- ChildSavers Trauma-Informed Mental Health Services to Support Children’s Resiliency
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities Housing Resource Center
- Communities in Schools – Petersburg Integrated Student Support Services for Underserved Students
- CrossOver Healthcare Ministry Chronic Disease Management
- CrossOver Healthcare Ministry Pediatrics Program
Chronic Disease Management
- HomeWard Utilizing Data to Facilitate Systems Change in Homeless and Human Service
Coordinated Entry to Homeless Services
- HomeWard Coordinated Entry to Homeless Services
- Housing Families First Building Neighbors
- Housing Families First Hillard House Emergency Shelter
- Partnership for Housing Affordability Richmond Housing Resource Line
- REAL LIFE REAL Houses: Providing Recovery and Transitional Housing
- St. Joseph’s Villa Mental Health Services
- St. Joseph’s Villa Flagler Housing / Homeless Services Petersburg Youth
- The Salvation Army Emergency Homeless Shelter
- Virginia Home for Boys and Girls Pride Place at VHBG
- Virginia Supportive Housing Supportive Services for Formerly Homeless Individuals
- YWCA of Richmon Crisis Response Services
United Way Partners with inSourceRx to Provide Prescription Savings
We recently announced a partnership with inSourceRx. inSourceRx prescription drug discount cards are available to everyone in the community, regardless of insurance coverage status. There are no usage, age or income limits. Using this card at the pharmacy will provide community members with up to an 80% discount on their prescription drugs.