We want to help everyone maintain wellness
and social connection as they grow old.
In our region, more than 35,000 older adults live alone, meaning they are at risk of social isolation. One in four older adults live in households at or near the poverty level. As the total number of older adults in our region continues to increase, we must do everything possible to make sure these residents are cared for and supported.
United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg partners with SingleCare and InSourceRx to offer free prescription assistance discount cards to help everyone in our community.
2023 Funded Partners
- Better Housing Coalition Senior Health & Wellness
- Circle Center Adult Day Services Adult Day Services
- Daily Planet Health Services Integrated Care
- Family Lifeline In-home Support Services
- Feed More Meals on Wheels
- GoochlandCares (formerly Free Clinic and Family Services) Access to Health Care
- Health Brigade (formerly Fan Free Clinic) Integrated Care for Older Adults
- Jewish Family Services Coordinated Care for Seniors
- project:HOMES Renew Crew
- Senior Connections Care Transitions Intervention
Greater Richmond Age Wave
- SOAR365 (formerly Greater Richmond ARC) Adult Day and Adult Day Health Services
SOAR365 @ Camp Baker
- SOAR365 (formerly Greater Richmond ARC) Respite Care for Adults with Disabilities
- South Richmond Adult Day Care Center Adult Day Services
- Virginia Dental Association Foundation Donated Dental Services
- YMCA of Greater Richmond Aging Strong Program
United Way Partners With inSourceRx To Provide Prescription Savings
We recently announced a partnership with inSourceRx. inSourceRx prescription drug discount cards are available to everyone in the community, regardless of insurance coverage status. There are no usage, age or income limits. Using this card at the pharmacy will provide community members with up to an 80% discount on their prescription drugs.